Summary: What is the Best Way to import Blu-ray files to Final Cut Studio especially FCP 7, FCP X? Get the solid answer from this article.
Apple might not be ready to add Blu-ray to its computers yet, so how can I import Blu-ray movies to Apple Final Cut Studio to make my own masterpiece? Searched widely and I got some tech support for loading Blu-ray files into Final Cut Pro correctly.
There are more than one people suggest to convert Blu-ray to a FCP most compatible format Apple ProRes, which will ensures a perfect Blu-ray importing, playing and editing workflow with FCP 6/7/X.
Here is the step-by-step guide on ripping Blu-ray to ProRes for Final Cut Pro on Mac OS X with Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac. This video app can help you change Blu-ray into a different format (prores 422, prores 422 hd, etc) with least quality loss. You should then be able to import the new file into Final Cut with smooth editing without any trouble. Below is how.
How to convert Blu-ray movies to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro
1. Once successfully installed the best Blu-ray to FCP Converter, run the program. Insert Blu-ray to disc drive, click the “Load disc” button to import source Blu-ray.
2. Choose output format. This Blu-ray converter offers optimized format preset for Final Cut Pro. Just click “Format” menu firstly and then follow "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format.
Tip: If the default settings do not fit you requirement, you can click “Settings” icon to and enter “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.
3. Click “Convert” button to start encoding Blu-ray to ProRes .mov for FCP 6/7/X on Mac OS X.
When the BD to Final Cut Studio conversion task is finished, click “Open” button to get the exported files for transferring to FCP with easy playback or editing.
1. This Blu-ray to FCP Converter not only can help you convert Blu-ray to FCP, but also enables anyone with Blu-ray files to use in any non-linear editor like Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer, etc as long as rip Blu-ray to a recognizable format.
2. If you have problems when importing or editing your BD, DVD or camera video files, you can check out Brorsoft “FCE, FCP, iMovie Column” to get your solutions.
Rip and Import Blu-ray to iMovie on Mac OS X
How to Add Blu-ray movies to iTunes library
How to Rip Blu-ray movies to Play on Android
Alternative to MakeMKV for Blu-ray ripping on Mavericks
What if Windows Movie Maker won't open VOB files
How to Open FLV files in Windows Movie Maker